Baseball America has some value when it comes to scouting and rankings for the draft. I don't consider their evaluations as the end-all be-all for information because much (most) of what they get comes from second and third hand information. When you read stuff on Baseball America is also important to know that when they do talk to scouts and scouting directors and agents (named as "an AL scout" or a "NL scouting director") they are getting information those sources WANT to put out and a lot of it actually misinformation or propaganda, depending on the source. But they do the work to compile lists and try their best, with the info they have, to guess a draft order.
Of the 500 players listed in this draft preview (you need to be a subscriber), there are 42 players listed from this area. Either they are FROM the area or they go to a college in the area. I will have to comb the list a big more to see if there are kids from the area at colleges outside of the West. They are listed in the order they appear, with their overall rank. Enjoy! Long live Northern California, one of the hottest of all baseball prospect hotbeds!
3. RHP Kyle Zimmer, USF
4. RHP Mark Appel, Stanford (Monte Vista HS)
26. 3B/OF Stephen Piscotty, Stanford (Amador Valley HS)
42. OF Mitch Haniger, Cal Poly (Archbishop Mitty HS)
56. RHP Freddy Avis, Menlo School (signed w/Stanford)
57. RHP Paul Blackburn, Heritage HS (signed w/ASU)
74. RHP Derick Velasquez, Merced College
82. RHP Dylan Baker, Western Nevada College
97. 2B Tony Renda, Cal (Serra HS)